Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Black and Natural in Jerusalem: Naturally Me!



I have been natural for a long time and have gone through a lot of trial and error with my hair. I have to say that I’m pretty satisfied with the progress I’ve made and the things I’ve learned along the way. For a long time, I didn’t know exactly what I was doing with my hair. I asked questions, and did what other natural friends were doing, but I didn’t understand the “why”s of the process. Often, I was just trying to figure this whole thing out, which, I suppose, is what we’re all trying to do when we begin this journey. About 3 years into my natural hair journey, I began watching youtube videos on the subject, and suddenly WOW, a world of information was opened up to me! I hadn’t realized that there were so many resources available to me. In fact, when I started my natural journey, I’m sure that these resources weren’t available. You see, I went natural in 2005, and it all started out with me getting these micros…(more on that later)

Anyway, about 3 years into my journey, I was trying to find information online about conditioning natural hair, and came across  Glamazini's page. If you haven’t heard of her, read her blogs, or watched her vids, check her out. She is very informative, and a lot of fun, too. ;-) I discovered from her vlog that people, in fact, made videos about natural hair and actually posted them on youtube!! And I was on my way! Since then, I’ve watched a lot of videos, read a lot of blogs, tried a lot of products, and learned a lot about my own hair, and the result of that process is that I have come down to filtered out a lot of information and learned what works best for MY head of beautiful (and it is beautiful) natural hair.



Come take the journey with me as I continue to learn about and grow MY natural hair. It's gonna be a blast!

4 comments:

  1. Black People Wake up! You are the Hebrew Israelites! Scientific and Biblical evidence all points to you!

    Ham: The youngest so of Noah, born probably 96 years before the flood; one of the eight person to live through the flood. He became the progenitor (father) of the dark races; NOT THE NEGROES, but the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Libyans and Canaanites.

    Even biblical Historians know who you are!

    They did a study and compared the Black American skulls to the ancient Egyptians slaves skulls and it match the Black American skulls.

    Our people were slaves in ancient Egypt and America!

    Everything point to the Negroes! How can you not see that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this video! Copy and paste the link!
    https://vimeo.com/201067399
    They wouldn't let me post it on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya

    I want to travel to isreal, and was looking for places to stay through Air b and b, and I ran across your video where you were staying at a friend's home who rented her home to you and your husband for a week

    Does she rent to tourist,and if so can I get her contact, message me on my Facebook my name is Dana Tate AKA Diana Dickson Tate

    If you also, know people in Jerusalem / Tel Aviv also, that rent to African Americans please contact me, also, at 1-313-948-1982

    In addition

    If you know anyone who will rent their home for 1 months please contact me

    ReplyDelete