Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I got my hair goodies! Woohoo!

So, as you might imagine, it is quite a challenge finding natural hair products for "people of color" here in Jerusalem, Israel. Now don't get me wrong. There are many beautiful Ethiopian Jews here, and as of recent years, a large population of stunning Sudanese brothers and sisters are gracing the streets of the Holy City as well. However, the whole phenomenon of natural hair hasn't exactly "taken root" here, so it is quite a challenge finding products for black hair period, let alone natural black hair.

Many of the products marketed toward afro textured hair here contain mineral oil, petrolatum, straight up lye (yes, relaxers abound here) or some combination of the above mentioned products. In addition to that, there are also tons of products with dimethicone, which I don't mind in a rinse out conditioner, but really don't like in a leave in.

So...given these dire hair circumstances, it's only natural (;-)) that I would order myself some goodies and have my State-side family ship it over to me. (Actually, it's not that natural. This is the first time I've asked for such a large shipment. I was like a kid in a candy shop!) Check out this video of me collecting and diving into this here package of goodies!




Celebrate with me! Whoop whoop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment